Website is one of most common words in the year ‘2021’. Currently, millions of business owners around the globe are shifting their local business to the online world. Considering, during lockdown no one is allowed to go out; it is a good idea to take product to people when the opposite is not possible. Perhaps this trend would continue even after lockdown ends. But, taking business online is easier said than done. It requires an initial investment, a team of experts in web designing, and social media marketing. Plus, you would need your own CMS (Content Management System) to use.
A content management system like WordPress is an impactful area of the website. Technically speaking, leveraging CMS would give your website a better speed, look, and functionality.
Let’s Give A Look To History
It was during 2001 when a French programmer named Michel Valdrighi launched B2-Cafelog, a blogging platform. This program was running on PHP (hypertext preprocessor) and leveraging MySQL (which is an open-source database management system). Fast forward two years, Mike Little and Matt Mullenweg founded the WordPress platform. In May 2003 launched WordPress 0.7, and later in 2016, WordPress 4.5(Coleman) was made available to users. Since then WordPress has offered tons of new features, formatting shortcuts and responsive preview functions and much more.
Who Uses WordPress Platform?
Believe it or not! But, 37% of the whole world wide web is built on WordPress. There are a plethora of options to go for including blogging and opening e-commerce stores to building business and brands. Over time, WordPress is expected to leave behind all competitions if not already.
Here is an extended list of benefits of using WordPress
- Popular And Easy: First one first, around 37% of the whole world wide web is built using WordPress which makes it quite popular. Although there are other CMS platforms as well, for example, Drupal and Joomla, WordPress is the favorite choice of millions of developers everywhere. WordPress eliminates the need to master HTML, CSS, and PHP making its platform easy-to-use.
- Creative Edge: Utilizing WordPress allows you to use the latest technology from realms of developers. This platform solves business purposes and functions by adding a creative edge to your business/brand. WordPress is known to regularly update CMS with bug fixes and exciting features.
- Attractive Design: There are thousands of themes to select; hundreds of free themes. In short, users can choose, customize, and build a personalized website for their business and brands.
- Faster: Presently, in the changing technological world, speed is the key to success. WordPress allows users to build a complete, new, and unique website from scratch in a single day.
- Scalable: WordPress is fast and it can stretch to incorporate a variety of useful features. Using WordPress for business could help you hack your business growth and boost sales. Building a website on WordPress is fast, easy, saves time and valuable resources.
- Responsiveness: WordPress CMS is the best choice to craft stable and responsive websites. Presently, all websites need to be built with a mobile-first focus. For an unforgettable experience, your website must work on both smartphones and laptops.
- Functional Elements: Traditionally and even now, websites built on HTML offer only limited functionality to users. WordPress has taken the concept of functional element to the next level and offers themes, and plug-in to build a better user experience.
- Search Engine Optimization: With WordPress performing SEO is easier as compared to other CMS’s. You can simply use H1, H2, H3 tags, use keywords, and leverage a variety of plug-ins for SEO. For example; Yoast SEO and SEO ultimate, etc.
- Structured: WordPress provides SEO ready structure. It is clean, faster, and has visual elements required to attract prospective clients.
- Community: Whether you want to build a membership-based website or community, leverage WordPress because it does not require any special knowledge. There are built-in tools that website design can use to craft attractive community websites.
WordPress is a “people choice” publishing platform for creative web designers. It is open-source software, so anyone can do modification or enhancement to its code as per business or brand requirement. Overall, this platform has attracted web developers from around the globe and offers them a variety of useful features.